The Portuguese legislative election of 2019 is around the corner and will take place on the 6th of October, 2019.
I would like to create a campaign and ask for people to submit network measurements from different networks and vantage points in Portugal. This will help to detect any possible interference before, during and after the election procedure.
The network measurements data can be later analyzed in order to find possible blocking of websites or any possible network interference (abnormal network behavior).
For this action I will be using OONI to easily collect network measurements. For privacy reasons no human communication is required with me/us and also I/we 'll not be able to know which person has contributed which network measurements.
The data will be published online (if the users submit the data) for everyone to use and act upon. For more information on OONI data please see: https://ooni.io/data/
OONI is a FLOSS project that cares a lot about its users, please find more information on OONI’s data policy and potential usage risks.
In a glance, the steps for the call for action is the following:
- Find a good name for the call
- Preparation of a good test-list (for instance a list of all political parties in Portugal)
- Creation of a website/online resource with instructions on how users can contribute.
- Upon the collection of the results analysis of the data.
- Publication of a short blog post and an article
Is this something that you would like to see as a PrivacyLx call to action?