Privacy Forum 2020

Should we try to bring a tech perspective to Privacy Forum 2020? Maybe we can reach out and try to speak there.

https://privacyforum.eu/

1 Like

Nevermind, it seems like submission dates are past. But we should keep an eye open for this in 2021!

Oh wow. How sad. How can we miss this sort of stuff? It’s the second one we miss (that I am aware of)

We need to be on the lookout for this sort of stuff. We should set a search engine alert on “privacy conference lisbon”.

I guess these things are so institutional that when the information reaches the people deadlines have passed. Sad.

1 Like

Yup. I guess so. But I also bet that the CNPD (our data protection authority) would be interested in sharing these with privacy-focused organizations. So maybe we should talk to the to get forwarded this sort of sutff

The privacy industry at it’s best of course totally excludes civil society from the debate :confused:.

Registration Costs

Ticket description price
Early Bird Regular Registration (until 28 April 2020) €250 including dinner ticket
Early bird registration (until 28 April 2020) of members of collaborating associations (IFIP and CEPIS) €225 including dinner ticket
Regular Registration €300 including dinner ticket
Regular Registration of members of collaborating associations (IFIP and CEPIS) €270 including dinner ticket
Presenting authors & PC registration (until May 10 2020) €225 including dinner ticket
Regular student registration (not applicable to presenting authors) €100 not including dinner ticket

to be fair this looks pretty much like and academic conference

Which should also be open and free to the general public. The prices for academic conferences and for privacy discussion in general is entirely unacceptable.

1 Like