Crowdsourcing a list of Documentaries about Privacy

Anyone can edit this post, so feel free to add films you think are missing. We have also other lists.

Do Not Track is a personalized documentary series about privacy and the web economy. Do Not Track

The following one might be hard to come across (due to copyright censorship). Watch a short clip of it here.

short docs:

Watch on youtube.

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/083310-000-A/tous-surveilles-7-milliards-de-suspects/
(To watch the above link you may need to be in France or avoid geoblocking. Someone reuploaded it into youtube here)

Did you leave the The Great Hack out on porpuse?

1 Like

I totally forgot to add that one. Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:
Do you want to be the one adding it?

1. click on the “EDIT THIS WIKI POST” at the top and somtehing will pop up
  2. On that click in the button “Edit Wiki” in the bottom
  3. You can now edit it like any regular post.

You just need to add the link to the documentary: The Great Hack (2019) — The Movie Database (TMDB) in one separate line like the others and a box the the following will appear: (they call this a “onebox”)

1 Like

I tried editing the post but I didn’t see the “Edit Wiki” in the bottom. I’m suggesting the documentary “Nothing to Hide”, from 2017, which is available in several PeerTube instances:

1 Like

OlĂĄ @paulo! Bem-vindo!

Nice! I don’t even know how I had forgotten about that documentary. Thanks!

It’s on the top right corner (instead of the bottom one). I you can’t find it still, I can add it later!

button

I even coordinated a projection of that movie xD in Lisbon though it ended up being shown ownly internally for people at a university.

Here’s the poster if you’re interested:

1 Like

added new docs:

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/083310-000-A/tous-surveilles-7-milliards-de-suspects/

I had seen the “EDIT THIS WIKI POST” button, but when I click on it I get a pop-up with the history of the document, with no way to edit it, at least that I can see. I can switch between HTML and Raw, at the top, but I can’t find an “Edit” button.

Yeah, it’s a bit confusing. I forgot the second part. Don’t you see a “edit” wiki button on the bottom right corner like the image bellow?

Maybe it’s because you’re a new user. I’ve promoted you to “trust level 1”. Please try again.

Yes, that was it, I can see the button now. Thanks, I’ll add the documentary then.

1 Like
3 Likes

Totally awesome documentary. Didn’t add anything new to me but the quality it has and the conversation it’s going to generate are going to be epic.